Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dr Jekyll

Growing up as a kid, my dad taught me to be a gentleman to ladies. Pulling out chairs, opening doors, offering them my jacket while we're out in the elements, etc. My mom, on the other hand, taught me that not every woman is a lady. Only a certain portion of humans with ovaries are worthy of that kind of treatment. But to the naked eye, it's almost impossible to distinguish between the two. And this is due to the complicated nature that females carry themselves. Nothing is straightforward with them. Everything is either a contest, or a challenge, or a test, or just downright deception.

I came across this video the other day. About "the friend zone".*



This video pretty much summed up the problem I've run into a lot recently. I enjoy expressing my emotions for females that I'm a attracted to. I don't open up to many people, but once I have deemed you worthy of my innermost feelings, I become an open book. But I've noticed that whenever I let my guard down and show my nice guy side, that moves me from the potential suitor category to the friend zone. It's almost like women only want someone who will do them dirty and play with their emotions until they are no longer able to attract those types of men. Then they want the nice guy with the stable lifestyle and personality to come in and pick up the broken pieces of her heart and Gorilla Glue them shits back together.

The big problem I have with this situation is that most females aren't honest in what they desire. They seem to have a problem admitting what exactly they are looking for in a mate. This dishonesty rubs me the wrong way. Don't tell me you want this, when all your actions illustrate that you really desire this. If you want a man to whisper sweet nothings in your ear and send sweet text messages, that's cool. If you want a man to treat you like toilet paper, that's cool too. Just be honest with yourself and allow me the time and ability to gauge your situation at face value.

Not too long ago, I asked an associate to describe me and she replied that I was an "aggressive, opinionated, shy nerd". She felt that the shy nerd part was really me but I also displayed a lot of the aggressiveness and opinionatedness, which came across as assholeness. I couldn't tell her at the time, but I came into the game as the shy nerd. That's who I am. Being a product of my surroundings and seeing what works and what doesn't, I had to add a little bit of an edge to my appearance. The game is truly survival of the fittest, and it seems like only the alpha male wins. If I want to attract and keep a female's attention, I have to treat her like shit. Just the facts of life. So even though I may be thinking about you at random times or whatnot, you wouldn't know that. Because this is probably my ringtone for you.



Because it's like that. And that's the way it is.


*By the way, there are tons of dope Xtranormal videos out there. Check em out when you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment