Sunday, January 9, 2011

Glass Half Empty

I have been a subscriber to James Hannah’s videos on YouTube since he only had like 5videos on there and the rest were on his Facebook page. I don’t know what it is, but dude just has the innate ability to cut through the layers of nonsense and just tell it like it is in regards to life, pop culture, and most importantly relationships. When I logged onto YouTube earlier today, this video was in the “recent posted videos” section, so like all other James Hannah videos, I had to give it a viewing. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.



I know I don’t speak for all people, and I know it’s probably hard for people to understand this, but I truly do not care about the race of my potential wife. Not even a little bit. What’s most important to me is her personality, how she treats me, and whether we are compatible. If it comes in the form of a black woman, cool. If it comes in the form of an Alaskan midget, cool. Either way, as long as I’m happy I’m cool with it. I can’t really even judge people who say “I only date this type of person” because that’s their prerogative. Who am I to tell them what is right or wrong. Every person, no matter how ugly they are on the inside or outside, deserves to find happiness. And when they do, regardless of how they achieve it, I applaud them.

There’s nothing like happiness and nothing like finding love. I do have a huge problem however with people who constantly look down upon others who are in interracial relationships. You don’t know that person’s experiences and the reasons behind what they do. So let them be happy. If the relationship is founded on happiness, then its bullshit anyway. But how is that different than any other relationship built upon false pretenses?

I guess that’s why I have a problem with people opposed to gay marriage. Gay people are entitled to the same level of happiness as anyone else. People are people, and regardless of your views on homosexuality and your religious stance, two people living together and loving each other can be a beautiful thing. I think too many people are caught up in what is on the surface instead of wondering about the inner beauty if you will.

So shoutout to everyone out there in fruitful monogamous relationships. And also people waiting for those fruitful monogamous relationships. Your time will come. In the mean time, just put this on and zone out for a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment